Ramadhan mubarak friends!~

Friday 10 June 2011

Challenge 1: NO take-outs for the rest of this month.

I miss writing.!! - well, writing something that's got nothing to do with medicine, that is. Need a break from my *Project option (PO) so here I am.

Salam wbt girls, I'm not really sure if u girls still come by and visit this blog these days, heheh. I have to admit that I've probably forgotten about this blog for monthsss now. My bad.! 4th year has been a very very very busy year, so yeah. :p and I'm not even done with it yet, uhuh. One more hurdle. May Allah make it easy for me. :)

OK. So the title of this blog is quite self-explainatory right? Its a little challenge I set for myself as I need to get rid of this nasty habit I have. The challenge starts this month and if possible, I would really like to continue it for the rest of my life. I heard that if you cut take-outs from your diet- you will be so so much healthier.!! XD (Duuh~) [Izzati: And much much wealthier!~]
As a student, I must say that this is not an easy thing to do, especially if you're living where I'm living- all the halal restaurants/take-outs just surrounds my house, I see them on my way to hospital, on my way back, on the way to friends' house, really, just everywhere. and the smell!! oh, its so hard to resist going into one of those take-outs, especially on a day when you just feel lazy or tired to cook, its ever so tempting. And it doesn't help that its cheap as well.!! I'm pretty sure that I've spent so much money on take-outs- not something that I'm proud of. Uhuh.

Cooking your own meal is always the best and healthiest option as you will be the one that determines what goes into your food.! So, I'm trying to do that often now. Cooking, that is. :) And the fact that I'm a bit broke at the moment will definitely help me with the challenge.! (A silver lining.!) Hehe. As of now, this month so far, I have not bought a single take-out yet and I am really happy with myself for being able to resist. We'll see how it goes for the rest of this month, pray for me!

I'd like to share the website I use to get recipes from. I'm sure most of you are familiar with it but to those who's not been to this websites, check it out.
http://www.myresipi.com/
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/recipes/
http://www.youtube.com/user/sortedfood

and I love jamie oliver's -30minutes program. Looks so easy and so delicious, everytime!
I am in love with food. If I'm not a doctor, I'll probably be a cook. :P :P :P or a food reviewer. :D
Okay, that's my update for today. Will be writing more often iA. I still need to do that bit about a book review. OHhh~ well, coming up iA.
Have a good day everyone.


ps: Come join me in the challenge! :)

*PO : Just an audit/research that I'm doing at the moment. It's a 6000-10,000 words paper that I'm writing, on the topic of stillbirth. Fun, fun, fun! XD

3 comments:

Izzati Rosli said...

Asmaaaaa, seriously your writing keeps me smiling and sometimes rolling on the floor laughing my contents out.
Lately, Everytime I called you, seemingly either you were cooking or just finished cooking.
Presumably you;re doing well with the challenge!
Atta GIrl!
Can't wait to meet the both of you.

Asma' Zamanuri said...

nih la hasilnya bila menulis sbb xnk buat keje yg lebih penting. tulis je apa2 yg on my mind. lol.
the challenge: i would say it was a success. ak mkn luar sekali, tp tuh pun sbb nk kuar mkn ngan all the housemates for the last time- so terpaksa la kan. XD

Leya said...

waaaaa sgt awesome okaayyyy..asma' balik malaysia please3 cook for me eh??? x payahla kite gi outing2 dah~ gi pasar beli brg pastu ktrg tgk ko masak je. haha *drools*