Ramadhan mubarak friends!~

Thursday 22 April 2010

Of Heart and Its Resemblance

I am loved. See those beautiful vessels in red and blue passing through all sorts of different free-of-charge-tolls originated mainly from the most exquisite one stop center - The Heart? With the size of a clenched fist, the heart controls the pumping of blood to various parts of the body throughout my lifetime, preventing me from, well, being dead. It keeps on accomplishing homeostasis regulated by The Perfect Lover, Allah The Almighty. I am so loved by The Most Deserving Lover!

Now excuse me for the excitement. Unearthing the fact that I am loved is just so wonderful I cant put it into words. So what I usually do to repay those endless love is to gratify Him and to reflect things that He granted. In this case, the heart :)

My ubersweet senior once told me that the heart - anatomically and physiologically resembles some features of my religion, Islam and it goes both ways. Allow me to show you how :)

You see, the heart doesn't just emerge or come into sight, and blend with the body in a place that it thinks right. It is owned and created by Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala, just like He created the world, the people, the trees, the singing birds and buzzing bugs as well as littlest things that ever exist. Owing to this fact, Islam too, is His inside out. Verily, Islam, like heart, is featured as Rabbaniyah.

The next resemblance will be Syumuliyah which means complete. As you can see, the picture shows that a single heart is an all-embracing organ with complete receiving and ejecting chambers, the vessels that allow blood flow in and out from it, all set in a perfect shape with a perfect function. Needless to say, Islam is a complete religion. Islam embrace all, you name it. From a prayer as you wake up in the morning, next up you work hard like Allah told you so, you buy and sell things while obeying Islamic guidance on economy, you saw hundreds of so called worldly justice with tremendous flaws that fails innocent people (whilst the 'abandoned' Islamic law never fail us), you learn how important marriage constitutes a better community and ummah, you follow Rasulullah (peace be upon him) on how he interacts with people be it family friends frenemies enemies strangers or nature that surrounds you, the list goes on that it saddened me knowing that my knowledge about Islam is very scanty, and lastly, most importantly, Islam gives you the purpose of life, the reason to live by. Gasp. (cakap byk sgt x cukup nafas) Thus I know I should continue digging. I know WHY I must continue to dig. Because Islam has it all. All I have to do is to open a book, refer to the most trusted person about Islam when I encounter any problems regarding 'hukum hakam' and things like that. Gosh I really need a degree on this.

Islam, being universal or 'Alamiyah also fills me with amazement. Look at those 'pipes' (some say it's unethical to use this term). See how it goes from a giant vessel to smaller ones until it divides itself into minute capillaries, reaching all the tissues and spaces. The heart pumps so that each part of the body receive the nutrients and oxygen from the blood thus making them fresh, physically able and sustainable. The same goes with Islam. Islam never fails anyone on earth or the entire universe. Islam is for ALL. If Spock and the Vulcan planet (of course I've watched Star Trek) truly exist, then Islam never neglect them too. All we need is a messenger. We had him once. We have him now, in our hearts. The prophet Muhammad Rasulullah SAW taught us to learn and to teach, and that is how Islam can benefit Spock and his destroyed planet (?? ok rambles alert!).

Feature number 4: Waqi'iyah. The heart pumps faster when you jog, right? Or when you're scared to death, probably due to the 'exam syndrome', or there's a ghost anywhere near you (???). The heart works 24/7 to meet these needs you know. It beats differently when one is sleeping, walking, running, writing or whatsoever according to the condition of the body. A genius that has incredible adaptability. As genius as how Islam allows the application of the Islamic teachings in many different ways, ACCORDING to the person place and time. For instance, the 'rukhshah'. Jama' and Qasr prayers are the famous examples. When you're travelling, you can perform prayer collectively (Jamak, betul ke gune ayat ni?), or you can shorten the prayer (Qasr) and continue travelling, carefree and at the same time, fulfilling your obligation to Allah.

Next up, Inqilabiyah: Islam stands tall when Jahiliyah is being burned down. Try eating a plate of rice mixed with some feces, or blend them together making a soup or porridge. Yummy? No? hehe. Try mixing the oxygenated blood in the left chambers of the heart with deoxygenated blood flowing in and out from the right chambers. This leads to cyanosis. A condition where you could die due to the lack of oxygen, where the hemoglobin, the one that carries the oxygen is severely decreased. People who are cyanotic becomes BLUE in colour. Hence the name. What I'm trying to say here is that Islam, the good, cannot be followed or preceded by bad things. You pray but at the same time you steal. You read quran while you ignore your parents. You don't do drugs but you don't cover or take good care of your 'aurat. But there is still hope. Like the nasheed, the Last Breath, decide which now and do not delay. IMAN has a bestfriend called TAQWA. The faith and believing - befriend with fear. Azam saya~ The do and the don't = I do pray and I try not to talk bad about people. I remember Allah and I don't forget Him. I try to do good things and I hope I could leave the bad ones. It's my bread and butter.

Let's repay His love, shall we? ^_^

"Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is ISLAM..." (Ali 'Imran, 3: 19)

*This is just an analogy, not a scripture. Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks! And there are a lot more features than these. My knowledge is very limited, this is the best I can do so far, sorry :( hehe.

Patients seen: None seen. Next 2 weeks!!
Book of the moment: errrrr..........







2 comments:

Asma' Zamanuri said...

adehhh.so small la the font. :P struggling to read.hehe.nnti da bc properly,ill comment again.heee

anazusaila said...

besaq sudahhh~